An extension to the IETF BGP4 MIB module defined in RFC 1657.
Following is the terminology associated with Border Gateway Protocol(BGP).
- UPDATE message
- UPDATE messages are used to transfer routing information between BGP peers. An UPDATE message is used to advertise a single feasible route to a peer, or to withdraw multiple unfeasible routes from service.
- The Adj-RIBs-In store routing information that has been learned from inbound UPDATE messages. Their contents represent routes that are available as an input to the Decision Process.
- Loc-RIB(BGP table)
- The Loc-RIB contains the local routing information that the BGP speaker has selected by applying its local policies to the routing information contained in its Adj-RIBs-In.
- The Adj-RIBs-Out store the information that the local BGP speaker has selected for advertisement to its peers. The routing information stored in the Adj-RIBs-Out will be carried in the local BGP speaker’s UPDATE messages and advertised to its peers.
- Path Attributes
- A variable length sequence of path attributes is present in every UPDATE. Each path attribute is a triple <attribute type, attribute length, attribute value> of variable length.
- Network Layer Reachability Information(NLRI)
- A variable length field present in UPDATE messages which contains a list of Network Layer address prefixes.
- Address Family Identifier(AFI)
- Primary identifier to indicate the type of the Network Layer Reachability Information(NLRI) being carried.
- Subsequent Address Family Identifier(SAFI)
- Secondary identifier to indicate the type of the Network Layer Reachability Information(NLRI) being carried.
This module contains augment: