This MIB is an extension of the ENTITY-MIB specified in RFC2737.
This MIB module contains Cisco-defined extensions to the entityPhysicalTable to represent information related to entities of class module(entPhysicalClass = ‘module’) which have a Processor.
A processor module is defined as a physical entity that has a CPU, RAM and NVRAM so that it can independently
- load a bootable image
- save configuration.
This module is the entry point for external applications like SNMP Manager, CLI, FTP etc.
Line card is an interface card with at least a Processor and RAM. This might be referred to as Service Module in some cisco products.
A configuration register is a 16 bit software register. The configuration register is mainly used to check for instructions on where to find the Cisco Operating System software. Some other functions of configuration register are:
- To select a boot source and default boot filename.
- To enable or disable the Break function.
- To control broadcast addresses.
- To set the console terminal baud rate.
- To load operating software from Flash memory.
- To allow us to manually boot the system using the boot command at the bootstrap program prompt.
Booting is the process of initializing the hardware and starting the Operating System.
This module contains augment: