This MIB module defines the managed objects and notifications for Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management (CFM).
CFM is an end-to-end per service instance Ethernet layer Operations, Administration and Management (OAM) protocol.
CFM events include:
- Maintenance End-Point (MEP) coming up: establishing connectivity
- Maintenance End-Point going down: losing connectivity
- Maintenance End-Point unknown: unexpected
- Maintenance End-Point missing: expected but not reachable
- Continuity Check Configuration Error: collision in MEP IDs
- Continuity Check Loop: forwarding loop in network
- Continuity Check Cross-connect: cross-connected forwarding path.
The following acronyms are used in this module:
- MEP: Maintenance End Point
- MEPID: Maintenance End Point Identifier
- CC: Continuity Check
- CCDB: Continuity Check Database
- SVLAN: Service Provider Virtual Local Area Network
- VLAN: Virtual Local Area Network
- CLI: Command Line Interface.
- OAM: Operations Administration and Management.